Short-Term Faculty Exchange
Application Guidelines for Academic Year 2017-2018
Short-Term Alliance Visiting Professorship to Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (1 - 4 week)
Visiting positions are open to Columbia full-time officers of instruction of professorial rank, who work in fields relevant to Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne University. The visiting professor will instruct a course of 2.5 hours/week and deliver one public lecture. The course and lecture can be given in English or French and the visit shall be between October 2017 and April 2018.
This year, the deadline for applications is Monday, April 3, 2017.
The application must initiated by a professor from Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne University sponsoring your visit and must include the completed items, discussed prior to the application with that host professor from Paris 1.
- Presentation of the field, subject and specialty of the applicant’s research
- Context of the cooperation and the expected benefits of this applicant’s invitation to Universite Paris 1;
- Exact dates and length of your planned stay in Paris (necessarily between October and April & between 1 and 4 weeks);
- Field and course and level (undergraduate, graduate, or PhD seminar) in which the candidate will participate (minimum 2.5 hours of teaching per week);
- Theme of a conference to be given (the conference is to be open to a larger audience), the possible partners and the broader public targeted;
- Finally, the expected extensions of the invitation in terms of cooperation must also be presented (exchanges, double degrees etc).
In order to complete the application, the applicant must send the application form, along with his or her resume, a list of his or her publications, as well as the personal information form to firstname.lastname@example.org, and to the president of the selection committee, Catherine de la Robertie Catherine.De-La-Robertie@univ-paris1.fr in CC. The results of this search will be communicated in May.