Long-term Faculty Exchange
The Alliance Program is pleased to announce the opening of our call for visiting professorship with Columbia University, École Polytechnique, Sciences Po and Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne University. In the academic year 2021-2022, six positions will be offered: three Columbia University faculty will spend one semester as a visiting professor in each of the French partner institutions, and one member of each of our French member institutions faculty will spend one semester as a visiting professor at Columbia University.
DEADLINE: October 16th, 2020
DEADLINE: November 16th, 2020
Application form available below.
Applicants must be current members of the faculty of one of the four member universities. For members of the Columbia faculty, the visiting professorship program is open to full-time officers of instruction of professorial rank. Professors on sabbatical or on leave will be preferred to participate in this exchange.
Alliance Visiting Professors continue to receive their salary from their home institution, when applicable. A stipend is available to help defray costs of the visit. The stipend varies according to the seniority of the faculty member. Please note that, for the visiting professorship in France, by French law, faculty members above the age of 65 years-old are not eligible to the stipend.
Alliance Visiting Professors are expected to teach one full course (14 two-hour sessions per semester/4 months) at the host institution. They are also expected to deliver two academic lectures or seminar presentations, and to attend two dinners or events hosted by the Alliance Program.
Application materials include the following documents and must be submitted in English on the application Visting Professorship Application Form:
- A statement of interest, including expected benefits for both institutions, potential long-term impact (student exchange opportunities, joint publications, joint research funding applications, development of dual degree programs)
- A short description of the seminar and lecture to be delivered, including field, course level and the theme of the lecture
- A full CV, including list of publications
- A letter of invitation from the department or the faculty member sponsoring your visit
- A letter of support from the relevant head of department or dean of the applicant’s home institution
- Applications should include the name of a faculty member or administrative contact at the host institution
Application deadline: November 16th, 2020
Inquiries and questions can be sent to Alliance at firstname.lastname@example.org.