Long-term Faculty Exchange
The Alliance Program is pleased to announce the opening of our call for visiting professorship with Columbia University, École Polytechnique, Sciences Po and Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne University. In the academic year 2022-2023, six positions will be offered: three Columbia University faculty will spend one semester as a visiting professor in each of the French partner institutions, and one member of each of our French member institutions faculty will spend one semester as a visiting professor at Columbia University.
DEADLINE: February 18th, 2022
Application form is available below.
Applicants must be current faculty members of either Columbia University or Sciences Po. For Columbia faculty members, the visiting professorship program is open to full-time officers of instruction in a professorial rank
When applicable, Alliance Visiting Professors continue to receive their salary from their home institution. An additional compensation for accommodation and living expenses is paid to help cover the costs of the visit. The host university is not responsible for accommodation arrangements for the visiting faculty. The additional compensation varies according to the seniority of the faculty member. Please note that, for visiting faculty going to France, French law does not allow the payment of an additional compensation to faculty members over the age of 65
Alliance visiting faculty are expected to teach one full course (14 two-hour sessions per semester/4 months) at the host institution.
They are also expected to deliver two academic lectures or seminar presentations, and to attend two dinners or events hosted by the Alliance Program.
Application materials include the following documents and must be submitted in English on the application Visting Professorship Application Form:
- A statement of interest, including expected benefits for both institutions and potential long-term impact (student exchange
opportunities, joint publications, joint research funding applications, development of dual degree programs)
- A selection of proposed courses and a two-page, session-by-session description of each course’s content
- Preferred term for residence and teaching at the partner institution.
- A full CV, including list of publications
- A letter of invitation from the department/school or the faculty member sponsoring your visit signed by the Chair or
- A letter of support from the relevant head of department or dean of the applicant’s home institution
Application deadline: February 18th, 2022
Inquiries and questions can be sent to Alliance at [email protected].